+1-888-232-8659 How to Increase Zelle limit- Step by Step Guide
Zelle is a mobile peer-to-peer payments service that allows users to transfer money directly from their bank account. It’s fast, safe and easy to use with Zelle. Zelle is available at over 25 U.S. banks, the largest of which being Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase. Users can send money directly from their bank account to another person's bank account in minutes — no cash or check exchange necessary. And you can do it all from your smartphone. But when using Zelle for the first time, many people have questions about setting up their account and what sort of limits they might have based on their banking institution or debit card vendor. With so many variations between banks and vendors, it’s important to know what your options are before you get started with Zelle.
What is Zelle?
Zelle is a mobile peer-to-peer payments service that allows users to transfer money directly from their bank account. It’s fast, safe and easy to use with Zelle. More than 70 million consumers have access to Zelle, including members of the 10 largest banks in the U.S. Plus, it’s available 24/7, so you can send money whenever, wherever — even on holidays when the banks are closed. Zelle is available at over 25 U.S. banks, the largest of which being Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase. Users can send money directly from their bank account to another person's bank account in minutes — no cash or check exchange necessary. And you can do it all from your smartphone. Zelle is a reliable way to send money. It’s insured through the same Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) insurance that covers transfers from checking to savings accounts or from savings to checking.
How to set up a Zelle account
Zelle is easy to set up and can be used with your existing email address, phone number and bank account. If you don’t already have a Zelle account, you can create one by following the steps below:
- First, sign into your bank account and select “send money” or “transfer money”.
- Look for the “Zelle” option, which will appear if your bank participates in Zelle.
- Select “start” and proceed with the account creation process.
- Next, you will be asked to “opt in” to the Zelle service by providing your email address or phone number.
- Note: You need an email address or phone number to use Zelle. If you want to use your phone number, you will be asked to confirm the mobile number using a text message or voice call.
- Follow the instructions to finish setting up your Zelle account.
What is the Zelle daily and monthly limit?
The daily and monthly Zelle limits vary by bank. Typically, the daily limit for all banks is $600 and the monthly limit is $3000 per bank account.
The daily and monthly Zelle limits may be different for your checking and savings account. For example, one account may have a daily limit of $300 and a monthly limit of $2000, while another account may have a daily limit of $500 and a monthly limit of $3000. Keep in mind that the Zelle limits are per bank account, not per person. If you have joint accounts with others, the total limit is the same regardless of how many accounts you have open.
Can I increase my Zelle limit?
If you’re running into the daily and monthly limits, you can request a change to your account. First, call the number on the back of your debit card to confirm that you use a Zelle debit card. Next, ask the Zelle representative to raise your limits or change your settings so you can send and receive more money.
Tips to increase your Zelle limits
- Send money to people you trust - If you’re sending money to someone you don’t know, use cash or a check. If you’re sending money to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, you can use Zelle.
- Send money to someone you know every month - If you have a fixed income, like a pension or Social Security, try to send money to someone you know once a month.
- Avoid linking a savings account to a checking account - If you’re a Zelle user, avoid linking your savings account to a checking account. If you do, it could lower the amount you can send or receive via Zelle.
- Link a credit card to your checking account - If you want to use the maximum amount allowed by Zelle every month, link a credit card to your checking account to send money using Zelle.
Zelle is a secure, easy way to send money to friends or family members. If you’re a Zelle user, make sure to understand the daily and monthly limits in order to stay on top of your account activity. If you’re not currently a Zelle user, consider setting up an account so you can benefit from this quick and easy way to send money to others.