General

1. Implement the Holy Grail! (OT/Bitmessage)

"Combining the above Bitmessage capabilities--which we already proved out experimentally--with Open-Transactions, makes possible fully-decentralized p2p markets, as well as p2p escrow across OT federated servers, easy p2p and server-to-server wiring of funds and conversion of currencies, both within OT and also between OT and the conventional banking system.

Furthermore, this is possible with little-to-no changes inside OT itself, and will not require the issuing of credit, nor will it require any pre-mined currency."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212490.0

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ASIC Proof (expanding on Tuck Fheman)

With the idea on here suggesting implementing a Feathercoin miner into the client, this might be possible (not sure how possible because I don’t know the limitations of what can safely edited in the Feathercoin code) if the previous was accomplished.

http://feedback.feathercoin.com/forums/208241-general/suggestions/4005571-release-a-dedicated-gui-miner-for-feathercoin

First of all, make the FTC client miner unable to recognize ASICs, so it can't even associate with the miner. Then, if it were possible, have the Feathercoin network jump between different algorithms. As of now, it's only Scrypt and Sha-256, but I would imagine there would be others equally efficient on the GPU that could be used…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multicoin Wallet

A multicoin wallet that can host all your addresses side by side, and allows you a complete overview of your crypto financial status!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow client to be installed anywhere, including on a USB stick

This is regarding the install and setup of client. A new option to allow you to install anywhere not just in C/ drive for the program but also the app/data folder and you can install this anywhere you want including a pen drive. This will give you more security over it so you can stick on your pen drive anywhere you go and plug in update blocks and network or take somewhere with you or have it as a easy mobile wallet

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improved GUI

Bold and pleasant colors, unique and customisable interface. A circular wallet has been suggested which would be really cool, and unique, or perhaps allow custom skins?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dedicated FTC Escrow service

Could be an automatic authentication service offered by other miners who leave their client open? The more successful transactions they Escrow, the more their reputation builds and the higher transactions they can process. Should take a long time to work up lots of transactions, unless their address is a known friendly address.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Send Messages When Sending/Receiving FTC

Ability to send messages when sending/receiving FTC. This feature would need to be as easy to use as email and integrated into the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Suggestion to reward longterm miners?

Not sure how this would work without changing the block rewards, but I feel it's decent enough to suggest and toy around with as an idea.

What I think would be helpful in keeping miner loyalty is this: have a portion of the reward block (either increasing the amount per block, or decreasing the amount initially received).

So for instance, a solo mined block takes 120 confirms to become available. What if let's say, 25%-50% of that found block takes 2016 confirms. This doesn't really apply to solo mining, since a solo miner can leave and still get confirms, more…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Set up daily blockchain backups that are downloadable by man or machine

implement something like
    http://blockchain.litecoin.net/litecoin/
    under blockchain.feathercoin.com

For faster initial sync and for those with cellular connections the blockchain is huge and long download. The files can be downloaded to USB sticks at the office and taken home where the client is installed.

1. People can manually download the .tar.gz or .zip and manually place it in the same folder as the installer. The client could have a "Import blockchain" feature where it would open the zip.

2. during install, the client could check for a working conenction and ask the user "Would you like to download the full blockchain?". Yes -> dowload…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wallet backup methods tooltips...

...especially for non tech oriented folks.
    create a popup message / tool-tip that instructs the user on how to make the various types of backups for their wallet

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Starter coins for newcomers

Just something basic... instead of a faucet or a giveaway, would it be possible to have some of the transaction fees go towards an initial 3 or 5 FTC when someone downloads and installs a wallet? It's enough for someone to get started but not enough incentive for a person to download to every computer

The issue though is preventing botnets and server managers from abusing it and making sure it's not linked to the wallet.dat since that can be erased and remade.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a FTC chat box for live Q&A

Live help for noobs, and community spirit for the rest.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Optional User Tag for sending money

I think it'd be convenient to have some sort of optional user tag. For example if my address label was [Aysyr], if someone was to send me some FTC, when they put in my address in their client, it would resolve that address to [Aysyr] and show it on their end. That way, it'll let you know you're sending it to the right person. I know even if I get the address right, I still sometimes get paranoid it's not going where it's supposed to be lol. This way it'll take off some of that uncertainty.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories