I suggest ...

Release a dedicated GUI miner for Feathercoin

A guiminer that doesn't just look like a bunch of boxes and has all the Feathercoin pools populated via a web service. And an auto-register button so you can put in your info once, press a button, and start mining on any pool, since most pools use the same interface anyway.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    T4rQu1NT4rQu1N shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • wrapper0featherwrapper0feather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually this is now a good idea. Possibly a fron t end for CGminer, pre set up to scrypt.and therefor Feathercoin CGminer 3.7.2 is the last one for GPUs. It would be good to maintain that with Feathercoin defaults.

• aysyraysyr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Never knew about bitminter haha. I think it'd be good to have something like that, recognizes your primary card. That way you can have a "In use" or "Not In use" option, where the "Not In Use" utilizes the best intensity for performance and the "In Use" option eases on the params for the primary card so the user can still use his computer. You can even add a third option to use all but your primary card, in case you're doing graphics or gaming with the computer.

• DakotaEllingtonDakotaEllington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah! You should make a GUI like bitminter did. So that way, you don't have to fool with thread concurrency and new comers can adopt Feathercoin with ease.

With the bitminter GUI, you just install, and go! No need to know any command lines. And it even works with nVidia cards too (that's how I mined my first few Bitcoins with Bitminter)!

• aysyraysyr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be even better if it was incorporated to the client somehow! That way a single download can get you started with Feathercoin and with mining, apart of course from any dependencies you need to download from AMD for example.

It would also be nice if the interface recognized if one of the pool was having an issues and would fall back to your secondary pool choice, occasionally checking in on your primary pool to know when to jump back in (since it's PPLNS, so you don't want to let that built up reward go to waste).

Feedback and Knowledge Base