Bold and pleasant colors, unique and customisable interface. A circular wallet has been suggested which would be really cool, and unique, or perhaps allow custom skins?
feathercoin-qt needs an import backed up encrypted wallet feature.
1. Vanity address generation.
2. Merging of pooled mining and wallet. Just bring in CGMiner's code. Move the settings to a dedicated preferences page. And while your merging mining, make it one button to hit a p2pool: type in the address of the p2pool and port, and press the start button. No more worrying about copying and pasting addresses around to make mining work.
3. Web based wallets, Blockchain.org style.
4. Coin mixers/tumblers to remove taint from the transaction log.
1. properly align the text Copyright © 2011-2012 Feathercoin Developers (and the rest) on About menu item and for cool factor 5 - a line graph on overview tab (bottom left?) which displays your balance history (ftw!)
2. HELP > DEBUG > INFORMATION - change "Bitcoin"?
3. have Transactions tab show the balance (like a ledger) and give ability to change label from transaction tab.
4. make labels (on transaction tab) independent to each transaction (if possible), not assigned to the address. This allows people who use the same address for payments from multiple sources (mistake) to more easily identify who the transaction is from.
5. show wallets balance somewhere in the client so it can be seen from any tab; currently only shown on Overview and Send tabs (like MultiBit).
6. show exchange info (like MultiBit), speed up initial sync (like MultiBit - if possible), show $USD equiv when sending (like MB).
7. perhaps a memo field or additional field of some sort in the address book to allow other information (contact info, email, purpose, etc)
For new users to crypto-coins ...
1. big buttons w/explanatory icons + tool tips on mouseover and plenty of reassurances of what's safe and what isn't safe to do.
2. time estimates (even if wrong) on transactions (n00bs get worried easily and cry "scam" on forums before anything has had time to happen)
3. a clear explanation of fees and how they may be affected on any given transaction and why.
4. a link to feathercoin.com instead of text on the About drop down.
5. possibly some kind of heads up that when they load the (any) client, they may notice some unusual activity (port scanning) and that it's normal, but they should make sure they are properly secured (firewall atl) for teh internets?
6. tooltips in mining section tooltips, tooltips, more tooltips.
7. perhaps a progress indicator on overview tab for unconfirmed transactions?
instead of saying "Out of Sync", how about "Synching" or "Synching with Network". This should makes n00bs feel more comfortable than what appears to be some sort of error message in red. Possibly change the text to Green so they know it's doing what it should, not "Oh Shit Red Text out of Sync! Start forum thread now!" <-- how most n00bs probably see it.